Nashville is lucky to host a variety of amazing workshop and dance events every year that bring in amazing live bands, top-notch international instructors, and dancers from all over the world. Be sure to mark these dates on your calendar because you are not going to want to miss out!
Swing Dance Nashville is pleased to welcome back Peter and Lauren for another rip-roaring workshop weekend!
Peter & Lauren are two dynamic instructors with over thirty years of teaching experience between them. Based in Southern California, they are highly in-demand, sharing their passion for the great classic dances of the Swing Era. Their classes and workshops are noted for their clarity, humor and high spirits!
(Subject to change)
- Friday: The Global Education Center – 4822 Charlotte AvenueNashville, TN 37209
- 8 pm: Dig Deeper Class
- 9 pm – midnight: Jump Session (our weekly social dance)
- Saturday: The Studio – 3723 Charlotte Ave, Nashville, TN 37209
- 1030 am – 1230 pm: Slow Jazz Classes
- 1230 – 2 pm: Lunch
- 2 – 4 pm: Shag Classes
- 4 – 5 pm: The Art of Social Dancing
- 8 pm: Intro Lesson
- 830 – 1130: LIVE band dance featuring the Willies!
- Sunday: The Studio – 3723 Charlotte Ave, Nashville, TN 37209
- 2 – 5 pm: Lindy, Lindy, Lindy Classes
- After classes: Dinner
- After dinner: Honky Tonks!
- Full Pass: $75 (before March 1st), $90 ( March 1st – day of event), $105 (at the door)
- Saturday Pass: $60 (before March 1st), $70 (March 1st – day of event)
- Sunday Pass: $35 (before March 1st), $45 (March 1st – day of event)
- A la Carte’: $15 per class
- Friday Night Dance: $7 (Peter and Lauren lesson not included)
- Saturday Night Dance: $15, $20 at the door
The address is 3723 Charlotte Ave. Use 37th or 38th to go BEHIND the building and park ANYWHERE (including the garage door openings! Look for the black staircase leading to a pink door. Bring your dance shoes in; it’s a little muddy at the entrance, so let’s keep the dance floor clean and happy by leaving those muddy ones at the door 🙂
The Willies are Nashville based roots artists conjuring the spirit of that time before bordello jazz & dirty fingernail blues were the background music for baristas and doggy bakeries. But as veterans of the American underground, the Willies aren’t interested in reenacting the rough and tumble legacy of 20’s jazz & blues… they embody that energy. And these genres are only starting points… vintage bottles to contain several lifetimes of experience in the jazz, blues, rockabilly and punk underworld.
Find out more about the Willies here: http://www.thewillies.us
Do you love to perform? Have you been wanting to dig into your dancing more and grow? We would LOVE to have you on the Nashville Jitterbug Performance Team! Auditions will be held on Wednesday, March 6 at 8pm!